Quick and Easy Valentine's Day DIY Fun
Posted on 08 February 2017
I try my best to let my loved ones know how I feel about them on the daily, but I love Valentine's Day because it gives me the opportunity to pull out ALL the glitter, and ALL the sparkle, and ALL the fun. Plus, it's always exciting to see my daughter want to take part in things I love to do and make things right along with me. So, here are a few quick and easy DIY's that are sure to brighten up your or your loved one's day.
CONFETTI LOVE POPPERS
This is one of my all time favorite DIY's because you can customize it for any occasion or holiday, and they're super fun and easy to make - especially with tiny helpers.
- plastic push pop containers (like these)
- stickers and whatever else strikes your fancy.
You can make your own confetti by cutting up shiny tissue paper, or buy it from amazon or party city. I think it's fun to mix confetti and cut paper because it gives it a little more dimension, but honestly you can't go wrong on these. For our V-Day kids table set up, I made these as part of the decor:
1. Fill the inside with cut tissue paper, confetti and glitter
2. Decorate the outside with glitter paper and washi tape.
3. Add stickers and jewels for that extra "je ne sais quoi", and POOF! Valentine's day popper.
The hardest part was telling the kids that we were out of poppers because they loved popping them. You could also put tiny surprises inside for kids to find, or use these for a gender reveal at a baby shower. The possibilities are endless!
HEART ATTACK (on a stick)
These little yard signs were so much fun to make because they were quick and easy, and oh so fun!
- sticky letters, stickers, pom poms,
- marshmallow roasting skewers (like these).
- hot glue gun
1. Cut out your hearts. Fold the paper in half to make sure your hearts are even. If you are not good freestyle cutting, there are a million heart templates.
2. Decorate them any way you like. We used glitter letter stickers for some, and just stickers and gems for others.
3. Carefully hot glue the heart to the dull end of the skewer, and PRESTO!
4. Time to get crazy and decorate your lawn.
The best part is that you can use these to spread some love by decorating your neighbors lawn, or adding a few hearts to your potted plants. Flowers need love too, you know! Additionally, you could use these to teach kids about gratitude and love by having them write down something they're grateful for on every heart.
I also gave the kids a bunch of hearts without the sticks and they went crazy with the glitter glue, paint and stickers. They put their valentines in the felt mailbox I had on the table and then everyone got to choose a piece of valentine mail!
I can't believe that I didn't think of this sooner, but one of the easiest way to get a message across to someone, is with a mylar balloon! I decorated a few balloons with valentine themed stickers, and didn't realize until after I was finished that it would have been awesome to use my glitter alphabet stickers to put custom sayings on the balloons. But like I've heard it said - in crafting, there are no mistakes, just unique creations.
Balloons are also a great way to make a simple backdrop. TIP: When you are dealing with balloons buy a small disposable helium tank like this one from Target. It will save you a ton of time and money. Anyway, simply tape balloons,with double sided tape, to a paper backdrop or wall and that's all you need!
I hope you enjoyed these. I love ideas that are fun, but most importantly easy, since not everyone has the time to make outrageous things. I just happen to not need a lot of sleep ;)